Business Development Coordinator
Based in St Andrews, SOI Group Ltd has responsibility for the management of all activities carried out through our marine subsidiary companies and is wholly owned by the University of St Andrews. The SOI Group of companies include SMRU Limited, a global leader in marine mammal consultancy, and St Andrews Instrumentation Ltd (SAIL), which manufactures PAMBuoy™, a real-time revolution in noise and marine mammal monitoring. We deliver innovative, robust and environmentally sound solutions to clients active in the marine environment, providing specialist services in marine mammal bioacoustics, including active sonar and passive acoustic monitoring. Working across a range of sectors, including Wet Renewables, Civil Engineering, Oil and Gas, Decommissioning, Government, Defence, and Scientific Research, we help clients meet regulatory requirements regarding the impact of their operations on marine mammals and the environment, and develop tools through which users can access high quality marine environmental data. We work closely with the Sea Mammal Research Unit at the University of St Andrews, which provides the UK’s main science capability in the field of marine mammal biology.
We are seeking a dynamic, creative, flexible and highly organised individual to provide all round support to the Business Development Manager, whose primary focus will be to develop, implement and deliver the Company’s strategic objectives and goals by coordinating marketing, business development and revenue generation activities across the Group.This is a new post and you’ll have a wide variety of responsibilities as detailed in the Job Description. You should be self-motivated, logical and able to use your initiative. The role is based in our head office in St Andrews and will provide an excellent opportunity for career development.
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have a passion for quality service and have proven previous experience within a similar environment.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of two years’ relevant business development experience.
- Degree qualified; ideally with a background in marine science or a relevant discipline. Demonstrable experience of providing business development support including activities such as organisation of meetings and events, coordination of information for documents, report writing, production of marketing collateral and development of web sites. ¨
- You will contribute to tendering and pre-tendering activities and will be expected to assist in the preparation, costing and submission of tenders for new commercial contracts across many highly competitive markets.¨
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and IT literacy are “must haves” as are strong interpersonal skills as you will be playing a central role within a small but busy team ¨
- You will need to demonstrate that you are able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise effectively ¨
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, similar environment is essential with multiple and changing priorities whilst maintaining a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- You must be an advanced user of IT systems, proficient with MS Office – including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, desktop publishing (e.g. Adobe products) and have the confidence to quickly master new software packages - e.g. CRM management
What’s on offer?
Salary is expected to be in the region of £20,000 - £25,000 p.a. commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, there is a bonus scheme of up to 30% of salary and a high level of support in terms of individual training and development. Benefits include a non-contributory pension scheme after qualifying service and 34 days holiday per year, including Bank Holidays.
To apply, email your CV and a detailed covering letter telling us why you want to work for us and how yours skills and experience can enhance our team. Please send in PDF format to email@example.com for the attention of Fiona Skilbeck, SOI Group Ltd, New Technology Centre, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9SR. Please quote reference: SOIG/BD 13-05/03.
SOI Group Ltd is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates. Before applying, please check whether you would be eligible to work in the UK under the points-based system by using the UKBA points-based calculator. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website as all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and evidence will be required at interview stage.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 24 May 2013.
No agencies please.For more detailed information about this vacancy, please follow this link to full Job Profile and Person Specification
SMRU Ltd is often looking for both short term and longer term high calibre employees. If you believe that your skills and experience may be of interest to SMRU Ltd please send a CV and covering letter to: